Friday, July 07, 2006

Juicy Steak

Emma and Rachel are playing a game on a kid's website where they are working hard to get juicy steak. Everytime they get one, they both yell out "Juicy Steak!" I wish they would get that excited about juicy steak in the real world. Sometimes I wonder why I like to cook, since my children (who are really the bulk of whom I cook for) would be happiest if I made the same things over and over again. Because I'm sure they will never believe me when they are grown, I will attempt to make a list of their APPROVED foods:

1. Chicken Nuggets
2. Pancakes, waffles
3. Scrambled Eggs (only Caroline & Rachel NOT Emma)
4. Cheese Pizza
5. Toast, with or without Peanut Butter
6. Peanut Butter, with or without bread or bananas
7. Chicken Noodle Soup
8. Plain spaghetti (or with butter & parmesian cheese)
9. Chicken Flavored Ramen
10. Chicken Cordon Bleu (the store kind)
11. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (sometimes)
12. Hot Dogs
13. Bacon & Ham
14. Rotisserie Chicken (not Caroline)
15. Mac & Cheese (any type)
16. Cucumbers
17. Most Fruit
18. Assorted breakfast cereals (with very little overlap between sisters)
19. Sugar, in all its forms -- even straight from the bag...mmmm Domino
20. POPCORN

Disgusting...

4 comments:

Mumsy said...

What about the PB and marshmallow fluff sandwiches? You did introduce me to those after all. I thought they were a staple at the Daniel house. (I admit to eating a couple of those during pregnancy.)

Denise said...

Hey, I didn't know you were reading my blog...Jenni must have told you about it. I should be more careful about what I blog I guess. No more kissing blogs perhaps. Silly me...

Actually, the kids haven't had fluff in 2+ years. They stopped liking it. Who stops liking marshmallow cream? I'll tell you what -- the kids are NOT the result of kissing, that's for sure! :-) Ha ha ha...

Mumsy said...

Don't be embarassed about the kissing post. I thought it was fun. You can and should write about whatever you want. I found your blog whilst reading Jenni's. I was curious who neeneepenzer was, and there you were. Hope you don't mind...

Denise said...

No, no...I never mind you, Lindsey -- you're great! I want to come meet Fritz. From the pictures you emailed, he sure looks like a beautiful baby. How did the whole thing go? I know you were so worried about coming early -- and then you give birth to a 9+ pound baby! Just goes to show you that even really good doctors don't know everything. How's life with 2?