Wednesday, August 16, 2006

There's Always Going To Be More To Do

So I've always looked forward to the day when I could really RELAX. No babies to nurse, no diapers to change, no kids to cater to, etc. The day when I wouldn't be keeping a running calendar in my head always glancing at the clock, knowing that I will need to quickly complete what I'm doing so I can rush on to the next task. Someday, I will just get to be quiet and just have peace. But really, I know that day isn't ever going to come. I try to slow down -- only to realize that I've just added more to my plate and made life even more complicated. Money helps. When there is more money, you can hire out the little things and not sweat the small stuff so much. But then again, it also makes things more complicated in that you can take on the bigger stuff if you are paying to have help with the little stuff. Anyway, I'm busy. I'm never going to not be busy. My legacy will be that I lived my life. I'm not letting my life pass me by. But oh how I love snow days. Mother Nature just tells everyone to take a chill. Ahhh....I never thought I'd like any aspect of winter, but that part has real appeal.

1 comment:

Mumsy said...

I hear ya. But then I imagine being a crazy old lady and finding a pair of my kids' baby shoes and wishing I could go back and enjoy it. I know I'm crazy right now, too. I'd give ANYTHING for one night of uninterrupted sleep and the next day to clean and catch up on things without any crying, tantrums, and little mouths to feed.