Thursday, October 05, 2006
You Have Got to Be Kidding
So being a Mormon woman really has its perks. First off, we can handle nearly any activity without freaking out. Yesterday, I went to a "Head Class Parent" Meeting at Emma's school. The woman in charge went on and on for over an hour outlining the responsibilites, answering questions, etc. The women there are so typical of what I find living here in New York: hyper about all the smallest details. I mean pleeeeze...do we have to freak out about hounding people to turn in receipts if they are just to be thrown away? Does it really matter if we bring apples to every class party so that kids can be encouraged to have a "healthy" snack -- it's Halloween for crying out loud! Every little detail was discussed in such extreme I wanted to laugh. The Moms were clearly stressed out about this very easy assignment. I finally got up and walked out after an hour and twenty minutes because Caroline was already late for preschool and I could tell she couldn't sit there any longer either. After planning a couple of Young Women's activities, or a Primary party or two -- any class activity is a piece of cake. These women need a little religion and maybe a Valium or two!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
this makes me laugh because just yesterday this mother of 6 year old twins, who are in school all day, who stays at home tells me..."who has time to bake?? i don't have time to bake!!!" totally exasperated...now granted baking may not be her thing, but I am just curious what she does all day that makes her so busy?? she is always telling me how busy she is...i think if i had 2 in school, no one home for 7 hours, i might watch a little tv or something!
This is funny...I am glad Church taught me to feel comfortable speaking in front of a group of people. I always remember what you said years ago, "It takes a certain type of woman to be married to a certain type of man who wants to make it in New York."
Post a Comment