Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Do you understand Engrish?

I served a mission in Japan. So, I find this site funny. Ah c'mon, it's funny even if you didn't serve in Japan. Here's one of my latest favorites (coincidentally NOT from Japan, but elsewhere in Asia):

7 comments:

daniel said...

i've ordered two. one for the end of our driveway and another for the front door in case someone missed the first one.

Nina said...

i love the 'i hate all of you' at the end. i have a great song called i hate everyone...makes me laugh everytime i hear it.

Just Jana said...

I would LOVE to have one of those for my front door! Well maybe not since we are trying to sell the house! Lots of lookers but no buyers! We want some more room especially before his sister moves back in ! pray for me!

Bubba the Hutt said...

Having served in Taiwan I saw my fair share of poor English translations.

They never cease to amuse.

Thanks for the engrish.com reminder, I hadn't been here in a couple of years.

Anonymous said...

laughing out loud here. :)

Hot Diggity Daws said...

That is hilarious! Don't come to my bangolow, I hate you! Hard to believe the I hate you was an accidental poor translation!

Amanda Neilson said...

That is so funny! And it would be perfect for the front door. I have had at least 3 soliciters so far this week- we need a way to stop the madness!