Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Scene From Summer

We're still at the home we rented for the summer in Park City. It has been glorious. Here's a scene from today, that could have been plucked from many days this summer. (I was sitting in a chair in my bedroom reading when from the main floor I heard...)

Eliza: Mom, where are you?
Me: (Silence)
Eliza: Mom, are you upstairs or down?
Me: (Silence)
Eliza: Moooooommmmmmmm, where ARE you?
Me: (Still happily silent)
Eliza: (Tromping up the stairs toward the master bedroom) Mom, I'll find you!
and moments later...
Eliza: Hi, Mom. I found you!
Me: Hi Eliza, I wasn't lost.
Eliza: Mom, sometimes I think you hide from me.
Me: Sometimes Eliza, I think you're right.
Eliza: Oh not 'sometimes', Mom. I'm right usually.
Me: Well then, there you go.

2 comments:

Libbey Toys said...

You can do that?! I want to try it.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I love that to your daughter usually is vastly different from sometimes....English is the awesomest language ever! Wish we could have made it to Utah. Unfortunately, me and long car rides don't mix!