
Tomorrow is the day. I've been doing the prep work and cooking off and on all day so that I'll be ready for all the "real cooking" tomorrow. Thanksgiving is pretty important at my house. It's actually not a harvest celebration for us at all. It's contract renewal day and in truth it carries more pressure for me than any other day of the year. If the turkey is dry, the pie crusts burned instead of flaky, if even one "must have" is missing from the table or not the proscribed recipe, I might not be around to make Thanksgiving next year. See, Thanksgiving is Daniel day (all hail the chief.) And I have to get it right. So, one of these years, you ought to come around to our house on Thanksgiving -- and then you too can cast your vote (not that it would matter, as he holds all veto power.) But really, for all the work it entails, someone besides just Daniel should get to enjoy it. The kids would rather have pizza.

6 comments:
Wow, that sounds like a boat load of work!! Hopefully some of your girls are approaching the age where they will start to appreciate such great food!
By the way, Daniel made a point of telling me that you guys watched "Curse of the Cat People" and that he was not a fan. Sorry! I may have been a bit over-amorous in my evaluation of it. But I really do love that movie.
Sorry, deleted comment was mine, a typo impaired my story...
Awesome cartoon.
My dad's dog stole some really nice steak off the counter. Our friend was completely appalled when my dad picked it up and rinsed it off.
The next day our friend brought more steak home and my dad cooked the dog chewed steak along with the new ones.
Guess which piece our friend grabbed and started eating? Yep, the one the dog chewed. My dad noticed in time but just found it TOO hilarious to intercede.
However, after the fact he was kind enough to let her know that her steak was seasoned in dog spit.
On Thanksgiving I was thinking about our Philadelphia Thanksgivings that we spent in our apartment with our friends. Those were fun. Tell me, did you have a relish tray, or make 10 layer rainbow jello this year? I hope you had a great holiday.
Yes on the relish tray, Meredith -- and yes on the rainbow jello. Traditions!
I have been at your house for Thanksgiving and witnessed Daniel's all veto power. It's impressive. Although he judges fairly and with compassion, it is final and resolute. Such wisdom, such a stewardship. And mostly, he's right.
Post a Comment