When I was eleven, we got a dog. My mom named him Tramp because he lived in a house full of "little ladies." He was a smart dog, he knew lots of stupid tricks that we'd taught him over the years -- you know, balancing a treat on his nose and then catching it in his mouth, "speak", "beseech" -- all the usual and unusual tricks 4 girls teach their pet pooches. He lived A LONG TIME. I was 27 and pregnant with my second child when he died.
Dog ownership has changed over the years. When we got Tramp, I knew of no pet owners that picked up dog feces with their baggie covered hands and threw it out. I'm not saying this is a bad thing -- no. In point of fact, as a mother I have been very grateful that there is far less dog waste at parks and playgrounds for my children to stomp through than there was when I was little. So, I'm grateful for responsible pet owners who clean up after their animals. Thank you.
But let me tell you what I really hate. I really hate dog owners who throw their poop baggies in my just emptied garbage can. You know whose going to have to reach down into that stinking container to dig your poop baggie out? It won't be Gus, the scruffy village worker who picks up my garbage twice a week and kisses me at Christmastime (ahhhh, another joy of Eastern living.) No, it will be me! And I'm hating you for it. The next time I find a poop baggie in my garbage can I'm going to go on a serious recognizance mission to find you out. Then, I'll save every nasty diaper my youngest child produces for a week and dump them at the bottom of YOUR garbage can. So seriously, stop it already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
ahhh I knew this could not be about Denise getting a dog. funny just yesterday somebody put trash in my trash can. I was outraged. this morning I was laying there thinking I should put a sign on my trashcan - if this isn't yours don't put your trash in it. luckily we have the totally removed and impersonal garbage pickup of the trash truck with metal arm that pulls it in and dumps it upside down but still...
I suggest a sign taped to the top of your garbage can as well. I am not very patient with dog owners who assume you don't mind if they use your yard, park strip, or garbage can for their doggie toilet.
I have a confession to make, I am the poop bagger. I also do not own any pets, so I guess that's two confessions.
What can I say, I like to take a poop on my morning walk, and baggies make that dream possible.
Whew, that is gross!! I second the suggestion of a sign on the can. These people have clearly got themselves convinced they are doing humanity a service by lobbing the crap in your can, with nary a care that you must place it in a real trash bag! Plus your can now smells like dog shXX, thanks a lot conscientious neighbor!
I promise it's not me!
Post a Comment