Because I had four daughters before I had my little boy, people love to ask me if "he's so different?" My answer is invariably "Yes and No." Yes, he throws everything like it's a ball, the girls never did that. Yes, he came better equipped at making sound effects -- he makes a more accurate car noise than I do, and he can't drive.
But no, he's not more active or wild. No, he's not more rough. Maybe I had some wild little girls to start. Certainly some of his sisters were very active toddlers. But today, a conversation I had with him exemplified one major difference I've noticed with this little boy. Here's how it went:
John: Hey Mommy, burp for me!
Me: No John, I don't want to burp.
John: C'mon Mom, BURP!
Me: John, I don't like burping and I don't want to burp.
John: Mom, just use your neck, ok? It's easy Mom.
Yeah, he's different than his sisters. But sometimes, different is good.
P.S. Yes, in the first photo he tolerated "trading" jammies with Eliza for one night. He puts up with a lot...

6 comments:
Having 4 older sisters seems like it would make him less of a crazy boy than if he grew up under the intense training known as "Daw Boot Camp," perhaps he could stop by BoysRUS and pick up some new tricks.
Why is half the US keeping us apart?
I think it's more than half...
Do the Daws ever do Utah? I will be there with all my kids in tow the entire month of August.
I want to trade jammies with my sister. Why are you in New York?
Someone needs to wash that boy's face. His sisters are really slacking off.
Utah?!! Man I need to get out more! Wow you have all of August off school? We start like August 7th! I haven't been to Utah for a decade. If I see an opportunity I would love to meet up!
Daniel....
There is a cardinal rule, children must always have dirty faces in pictures, it can't be because their faces are always dirty, it is actually kindling for prime photo opportunities! Stop to wash a face. Loose the picture altogether. It is the ultimate conundrum.
Post a Comment