Friday, April 16, 2010

Did you ever?

Did you ever swallow your pride and do something hard just because it was the right thing to do? And then later realize, oh the prophet has been saying we should do this all along...

Yeah, me too.

4 comments:

Laura B. said...

No. I'm not very good at swallowing my pride.
But, I'm dying to hear the story behind this. Don't pretend there's not a juicy one.

Denise said...

No, no juicy story. Just trying to be vigilant about family prayer and scripture study and noticing the big difference the consistency makes in the lives of my family members. Also trying to show more gratitude on a regular basis instead of the reverse (complaint)like President Hinckley always said to do and have been noticing the major upside that brings on all fronts too.

So, nothing juicy. But a lot of love for my family, friends, and especially the Prophet.

Stephanie said...

Hey Denise, Thanks for the compliment. I love decorating cakes. Unfortunately I only know how to do star tipped cakes. But they turn out pretty cute! My kids LOVE them!

I remember you saying that you're going to come to Utah again for a visit. Contact me for sure when you're here. I would love to get together with you again!

It's amazing how parallel are lives really are!

Love, Stephanie Adair

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I love the difference family prayer makes. We sing before we pray and I can feel the difference it makes. Now if I could just get the scripture thing down. Gratitude instead of complaining, that is always tough, but so much more rewarding.