Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rocky Mountain Rhythm

Last night I took three of the kids (the other two are at Grandma's house in SLC) to see a visiting group of champion cloggers from Utah County. Their combined group was called Rocky Mountain Rhythm. They were fantastic! My kids were enthralled! On the way home, Rachel asked if she could take clogging. Ah, the drawbacks of living in the East. My western heart sure misses much.

***Note to reader(s)this performance occurred here in NY. That's why it was such a treat. I don't leave for UT until at least 7/7 -- and will be there all summer long. The kids just finished school yesterday.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Funny, I was just thinking today about my still East-coast preferences. I guess you never really get over what you grow up with. We're leaving for Maryland until July 3, but if you're still around after that please come swimming with us.

Erin said...

Me too!

MsScreensiren said...

WE loved the clogging too!

Nina said...

absolutely about getting together...I am still so sad we missed each other last year. yay! it will be great to see you.

have you thought about irish step dance? its similar (though they do have to wear those goofy wigs, what is UP with those?! I'm fairly certain the irish population did not all have crazy ringlet like hair)...I was always wondering what clogging was when I got out here...I imagined these people in big wooden clogs jumping around and just kept wondering why OH WHY.