
Every spring, I enjoy the abundant forsythia that blooms all over this part of New York. It's bright yellow flowers are so cheery and welcoming after the long, gray winter months. I especially appreciate that the forsythia is one of the first spring flowers to brave the still brisk evening temps and display its colors for all to enjoy.
I also love it that each spring, when I see forsythia, I am reminded of a particulary amusing interchange with my second daughter, one Rachel Ellen Daniel. Rachel loves yellow. For those who know her, you know that she really LOVES yellow. Since Miss Rachel was 18 months old, she has been fairly infatuated with yellow. She has yellow clothing, shoes, sheets, hair things, coat, etc. Rachel has also always been a precocious learner. She was fast to read, quick to write, and learns things readily and easily. So, the spring she turned 4, I noticed the forsythia blooming in our front yard and pointed it out to her, knowing that she would appreciate the hyper yellow color. I said, "Rachel, did you see the big yellow bush in our front yard?" She looked at me with the expression that can only be described as "DUH!" and answered, "Did you mean the forsythia, Mom?" I was bemused. Only Rachel at four, would have known "forsythia."
And speaking of my Rachel girl, it is more than noteworthy to post here that Rachel was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on March 30th. I am very proud of her and the delightful young woman she is growing to be. She is a great help to me in so many ways and asks me everyday, "How can I help you, today?" I love you, Rachel. And I love that forsythia reminds me of you every time I see it.

4 comments:
Congrats to Rachel. This post makes me miss NY! I had one of those in my front yard. i loved it! it reminded me that spring is coming and the color brightened up my day every time I saw it. I remember walking out my door and being so happy to see the colors! thanks for the trip down memory lane.
cute - i love how she is glowing in this picture!
Rachel...what can I say? She has always been such a darling girl. When Lilly told me how much she loved yellow, it reminded me of Rachel as a little girl with her yellow bed sheets and yellow ducks.
I can't believe she's 8! Sorry we weren't able to make it the baptism.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment