Friday, March 20, 2009
It's Just Stuff
I've never been one for "things." Possessions burden me. The less I have, the happier I am. Sometimes, my obsession with chucking stuff and keeping everything clean bugs Daniel. But for the most part, I know he appreciates that I keep a pretty organized home. So here's the news: we're selling the house. Moving? Yes. Where? We don't know. But as I look around trying to get the house ready for showing, I feel twinges of sadness at leaving this place that we've poured so much time and energy into: the only home the youngest two have ever known. And then I remember that the house is just a "thing." All the really important parts of living here will come with me: Daniel, Emma, Rachel, Caroline, Eliza, and John. And then, it doesn't matter any more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
i really only get bugged at the minimalist approach when it requires that a glass I'M ACTIVELY DRINKING OUT OF must be taken away for washing. otherwise i'm a fan.
Sheesh. You make it sound like I wrench it from your dry parched lips. It's not like you're frail, dear.
Wow. A move is a really big deal. When and why?
you're brave. I keep thinking of selling my home yet there is so much work still to be done on it...that never seems to happen. and then I think of the tax savings having a home rather than renting. I'm building up courage to do the same. selfishly I hope you'll live closer to me
woah! Keep us updated and I will only hope that a move out west (say Idaho) is in your future. Good Luck!!
Wow. Can't wait to hear more!
Be ready for a real pain in the BEHIND!!! Actually I got so sick of showing the house (and having to pack the kids up and be gone) that I think we undersold for at least 10K!!! BUT I know how patient and long suffering you are so I'm not too worried about how well you will fare! We are still out home shopping-that is kind of fun to see all that is out there! Some pretty AMAZING deals! Please email me the details and I'll email you back mine!!! qberrys@hotmail.com
Post a Comment