Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Six Years Ago Today
Today Rachel turned 6 years old. As I am on the cusp of going through the birth process once again, today's birthday was a special reflection for me. So far, Rachel's birth was the most physically difficult of all of my children. Nevertheless, I would go through every part of it again to have such a sweet little girl enter my life. Rachel is such a little darling. She is so feminine and personable. She is smart, and she knows it. She is one of the friendliest and best liked children I have met. She is a perfectionist in virtually all areas of her life. She often teaches me things I didn't know I didn't know. Rachel is a great helper. Any time I ask her for help, she responds willingly and usually quickly. Just tonight, as we were getting the girls ready for bed, Daniel rocked Caroline in the rocking chair and then Rachel wanted to carry Caroline from Daddy to me so that I could put her to bed. As I contemplate on the differences of each child and the contributions each daughter makes to our family, I am grateful for each daughter and the tremendous miracle of each of their births. I am glad for a wonderful partner who is the best father he can be and who teaches them so many important lessons that children must learn from their fathers. I am grateful for the last six years and the lessons that I have learned in that time. I believe that the next six will be equally full of learning and love and that I will be as happy then as I am now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment