Saturday, January 20, 2007

Skills

Napoleon has got me thinking about my skills. I don't have any bow hunting skills and I'm pretty sure I could only use a knife in the kitchen, on food. I've never shot a gun, but do have fairly good aim (I've thrown a ball.) I've never used nunchucks and actually have no martial arts skills of any kind -- shocking I know. I probably couldn't even come up with a deadly case of food poisoning. So what are my skills? I could bore a person to death (Daniel has been close on several occasions) with stories from my youth. I can drive pretty fiercely, if I have too. I can move heavy objects and trap people. I can sing, poorly. So, enemies...these are my skills. You've been warned.

9 comments:

Girl con Queso said...

Those are some deadly skills. You also have blog naming skills because yours is fantastic.

Mumsy said...

I think you have far more skills than you've mentioned here.....stop being modest. I've seen them in action.

Denise said...

Sorry Lindsey, childcare doesn't count here. I can't use my childcare skills to scare off dangerous persons or anything like that...

Jenni said...

oh my denise, look at you...you have skills like you wouldn't believe...you have a sense of direction like nobody's business...i.e. finding that church in ossining from a huge map of ny using this junction and that state road-uncanny! you can cook for a crowd of 1000's, speak articulately on any given subject, diagnose and treat any given ailment, speak japanese...come on, give yourself a little credit!

Denise said...

geez guys...this post was not supposed to be compliment Denise day. I'm needy, surely, but that was not really the intention. I'm talking about my "killer" skills. You know, the ones that nerds like Napoleon think are uber important. Yeah, my sense of direction is pretty good -- so I'm sure I could steer a would be assailment anywhere he needed to go.

daniel said...

you dropped your 6'3" brother-in-law with one errant swing of a nerf bat (still one of the three funniest things i have ever seen). just carry said bat with you at all times and no one will doubt your mad combat skillz.

Denise said...

Gregg is 6'5, thank you very much. I' on my way to Target to pick one of those up. I'd forgotten about my nerf bat prowess. Thank you Daniel.

Mumsy said...

I wanna see a reenactment of the nerf bat thing. Make sure you post pictures when you do it.

daniel said...

just picture a large, fit man crumpling to the ground in pain as he's struck in the temple by a flying bat his assailant hurled on her way toward first base.

also uproarious laughter from all the other men in attendance, quickly stifled by glares from concerned women.