Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Death Becomes Her

With no intention of being macabre, I've thought a bit about death lately. Some people get cool nicknames after they die: The Pirate Queen, The Philosopher, The Raging Bull, Gandhi. I want to know how I can live so that upon my death, I'll enter into history with a cool nickname. Some of the famously nicknamed were amazing and good. Some, many in fact, were notoriously bad. So, obviously HOW I live will not affect whether or not I get a nickname. That's why I'm creating this thread now. Please gentle reader, start thinking of good posthumous nicknames for me now. In fact, my friend, DesignMom does random giveaways. But, I'm not that cool. Nonetheless, I'd like to get a little contest going here for the best "after death" nickname for me. I'll buy the winner lunch. We'll go together, sans kids. We can talk about my other thoughts then too. I'm thinking the brass handles. And Jenni, will you and Robert sing Danny Boy? Man, this is going to be awesome.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Now why did you choose me and Robert to sing???!!! Have you heard how bad we sound? Are you trying to get back at us for some harm we may have caused you??!! We always joke about how terrible we sound at family home evening. Well, Denise I have decided that you are going to die from helping people so much, so here lies Denise-the womman-who-died-from-helping-people-so-much very approriate, eh? I am sure all will concur

Mumsy said...

I'm too intimidated to comment. The pressure! The pressure!

Come up with your own and we'll all take a vote.

Mo said...

Speak for yourself Jenni, my singing kicks ass!!! I am freaking Pavarotti...

Denise said...

Now see Mo, that's funny because I see you more as Burl Ives, not so much Pavarotti. Either way, you'll sing a lovely Danny Boy to be sure.