
Daniel and I were watching a Brit flick the other night. During the course of the movie, one of the characters was referred to as "Plumpie" by her father. Daniel nearly fell off the couch with laughter. For some time, he has been commenting about Caroline's toddler belly -- something which I find quite cute, especially because these leftover vestiges of babyhood are gone all too soon, as evidenced by our oldest two daughter's lean physiques. When the movie was over, he confided that he thought he'd start calling Caroline, "Plumpie." I assured him that he would not do any such thing. She's right at the age where memory really starts. The last thing I need is a 16 year old with eating disorders and appearance complexes because her Dad called her Plumpie when she was 3. She can get the eating disorder and/or complex from somewhere else. I think our job is to pay for the therapy, not provide the reasons it's needed. Anyway, to that end, I present a picture of my 3 year old, just returned from dance class. Not only do I not think she's chubby, I must say, she looks better in a leotard and tights than most people I know -- including me. I think the panties sticking out the sides is especially endearing.

1 comment:
Oh my goodness, I thought that picture was of Emma!
I can't wait to put a child in ballet clothes. :)
Post a Comment