Friday, April 27, 2007

Now I'm a New Yorker




Daniel and I have been working hard in our yard since the weather finally turned the corner to Spring. Trimming back trees, mowing grass, removing old plantings, etc. has been done and much more will be done in the coming weeks to turn both the front and back yard into something we like and can use as a family. One thing that seems to be missing from our yard though, is a statue of the Virgin Mary. Many of our neighbors in Mamaroneck are of the Catholic faith and have placed statues to honor the mother of our Savior in their yards. I really want our yard to have a New York feel to it. However, as you probably know, I'm not Catholic. As a native Californian, I might choose a lovely pink flamingo -- but that's just not New York -- it's California. I think a statue is the way to go. So I'm thinking this one...what do you think? He was born in New England, afterall.

6 comments:

liz said...

he he he. so true- I forgot about that. you know you are a NYer when you don't have to do a double-take to figure out what it's a statue of, you just know.

Jenn S. said...

Too funny!

Denise - will you email me your email address? Jennstanworth@gmail.com

Jenni said...

flamingoes are always good, neutral

daniel said...

you can have anything you want in the yard -- statues or otherwise -- as long as i don't have to lift, clean, cut, or pay for it.

mae said...

Will this be going in the front or the back yard. I think you should position it at the front fence post position to bring a better spirit to the place that has caused so much pain and suffering to unwitting cars.

Denise said...

Ahh, but there's no more fence Marianne. It has been down over a month. Maybe you should come over more,