Monday, November 05, 2007

Movie Quote Trivia Challenge

Daniel and I use an obscene number of movie quotes in our every day speech. I often don't realize that other people don't know what we're talking about until after the fact. So, to liven up this brisk Monday morning, I invite you to take my challenge. The person who gets the most movie quotes correct will win a treat delivered to their door. Good luck!

1. "My life is like death. My children are the spawn of Hell, and you are the Devil."

2. "You amaze me!"

3. "Move that thing, and that other thing!"

4. "Stay classy San Diego."

5. "Gosh....."

6. "Pirate."

7. "Niner."

8. "Pasta is gooood."

9. "I don't think it means what you think it means."

10. "I'm freakin' starving"

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Ok. I watch a lot of movies but I have a horrible memory. I don't know any of them! Sorry :( I really wanted a special Denise treat delivered to my door :(

jenafeldman said...

10. has to be Napoleon Dynamite!

NY Barney Family said...

I SO want a treat delivered to my door yummy yummy!! Here goes the guessing!!
1. Overboard-hahaha love it!!!
2. nope - don't know
3. Princess Bride
4. Anchorman
5. Napoleon Dynamite
6. a guess-Pirate/Carribean?
7. Hot Shots!
8. no clue :(
9. Princess Bride??
10. Napoleon Dynamite

Chrissy said...

Go Becky! I totally got 1,9,10- same answers as Becky. But that was it.

Amanda Neilson said...

No treats for me! You should do this sort of thing more often because I always need some brain challenges. I'm trying to ward of the inevitable dimentia. So far- Sudoku isn't doing the trick- so i'll take anything i can get. I'm very impressed Becky!

Deb said...

1. Overboard
2. Much Ado About Nothing (but I had to call Denise for a hint - I could see it in my mind, but couldn't place it.)
3. Princess Bride
4. Anchorman (I stole this from Becky)
5. Napoleon Dynamite
6. Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl
7. Hot Shots (also stole from Becky)
8. Nacho Libre
9. Princess Bride
10. Napoleon Dynamite

Clearly I have competitive issues since I had to cheat. Nevertheless, while I'm willing to relinquish the treat, I still want Denise at my doorstep. :) Love you, Bean!

Deb said...

p.s. #8 was kind of a guess

Mo said...

1. Overboard
2. Saved!
3. Don't know
4. Anchorman Ron Burgundy
5. Napoleon Dynamite
6. Pirates of the Caribean either Dead Man's chest or Curse of the Black Pearl
7. Airplane or Tommy Boy
8. don't know
9. The Princess Bride
10. Napoleon Dynamite

jenafeldman said...

So like you Deb...you always were good at games! Love the new music Denise!

Anonymous said...

Everybody is right for the most part... seven is definitely Tommy Boy, but eight--now that's the stumper. It's definitely NOT Nacho Libre.

NY Barney Family said...

You were my puzzle champ - I hope I am yours!!!

Denise said...

Here are the answers:

1. Overboard
2. Much Ado About Nothing
3. The Princess Bride
4. Anchorman
5. Napoleon Dynamite
6. Pirates of the Caribbean (Black Pearl)
7. Tommy Boy
8. Rate Race
9. Princess Bride
10. Napoleon Dynamite

My sisters got the most right and I will bring them treats when I see them in December. BUT, as Deb said, she got a hint -- and Deal was possibly helped along by others (were you?) So, I'm sending treats to the tied winners: Becky and Mo. Well done. It's nice to know that as freakish as I am, my friends understand me.

NY Barney Family said...

Wahoooo!!!!!

daniel said...

now that the guessing is done, i have to note for the record that denise and i do not use "niner". the rest are correct and should be part of everyone's phraseology.

Denise said...

CORRECTION:

I use niner. Daniel does not. It's a little too high for him to count.

Deb said...

What part of Tommy Boy is "niner"? I'm drawing a blank.

Tania said...

We actually do the same thing - but we must watch different movies becasue the only one's I knew were from Princess Bride, or Napoleon. Our fav. is to tell the kids "I'm sorry, I don't speak monkey." when they are screaching at us (even though we didn't love that movie.)

daniel said...

tania - i'm going to start using that on coworkers. both the phrase and monkeys in general should play a bigger role in american life.

Doug Manning said...

More Anchorman quotes: http://www.reellifewisdom.com/taxonomy/term/anchorman_the_legend_of_ron_burgundy