Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Here we go -- literally...again!







I have decided to potty train Eliza. This may seem aggressive since she is only just 20 months old. But, thanks to three older sisters, she is interested. I don't expect it to be terribly easy, but I admit that I'm sick of having two kids in diapers. I've been putting her on quite regularly over the past two days and she seems to be getting the gist quite nicely, but I think I will need to step it up a notch and add some incentive treats. She loves it when I clap and kiss her and get all excited when she's done what we went into the bathroom to do. So much so, that she now routinely runs up to me, regardless of what we are doing or who is present (a big sorry to the UPS man) and shouts, "Poopies in the potty!" Oh the fun...

6 comments:

jenafeldman said...

Hurray for Eliza and I don't blame you! If it works you will be so glad you did! Only one to go....

Lisa said...

So great! Wanna help me with Anna. She was doing so well and now she wants to have nothing to do with it.

Amanda Neilson said...

If you make this work i will have one more reason to admire you! Since I believe at the rate I am going I will have two teenagers who have to wear "Depends" Good Luck!

Mo said...

Why are you teaching her to pee in the drawer?

daniel said...

times are tough and running water scarce mo.

Lynita said...

Ethan is starting to get interested as well and I am not of the same mind. I mean it will be nice to be done, but I have a long way to go! Good luck, I will be rooting for you and me!;)