Monday, January 07, 2008

The Power of Glue


I found this news story particularly funny today. I am a believer in the power of glue. Just this past November, I took the chain saw to some large rhododendrons in our front yard and caught a piece of one knuckle in the chain. Bloody? Yes. But what's a mother to do at 10 o'clock in the morning with two babies asleep inside the house? Rush to the ER? I think not. Super glue the chunk back in? Yep. And it looks great.

7 comments:

Gwen said...

Now that's gross! Hope your finger doesn't shrivel up and fall off. :)

The Roses said...

I heard it works every time!

NY Barney Family said...

I have TOTALLY done that before - for head wounds, foot wounds, arms, etc... otherwise we would be in the ER every other week!! Works great?? I'm a firm believer!!

jenafeldman said...

I laughed at that story too...I love the imagination he showed! Glue is great!

Lisa said...

I took Anna into the Dr. when she cut her finger with scissors - I swear they just used a fancy crazy glue.

Deb said...

Did you seriously glue a chunk of your skin back on your hand? Wow to you.

Lynita said...

Okay I have heard about the superglue thing but I am afraid to actually do it. Maybe when I have to make a choice between ER or glue I will be brave!