Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Time for Summer!

I have heard many people pining for spring lately. It always happens this time of year -- folks start feeling tired of the cold and damp, and generally start wishing for spring and all the color and beauty that goes with it. Although we have had a more mild winter this year in New York, I still hear people wishing for spring on a daily basis -- and in past years, I have been among the "Spring Wishers."

But this year, I feel differently. I love spring, but really...I can't wait for summer. I had children because I like children. Yet, everyday I dutifully send over half of my favorite people off into the world to be educated by others. Although I admit that they gain much from their school experiences, I miss them when they are gone. My kids are very helpful to me, super funny and witty, kind hearted, and just generally my favorites in every way. So summer, hurry up! My best friends and I have some adventures to embark on...




4 comments:

Lisa said...

I have spring fever but we are getting dumped on by snow at the moment ---ugh! Spring seams so very far away....summer even further!!!

jenafeldman said...

I'm not pining yet...we haven't had enough "outside" time for my kids to break out of their winter rut. (A little too much time locked in a small house with mom...) I am optimistic that a little spring weather will return my happy children to me and then I'll join you in anticipating summer!

Laura B. said...

You are a good mom Denise!

Amanda Neilson said...

Love the picture! And I agree- I want to be about our own agenda and our own adventures! Here's to summer!