
I received a family letter from some old family friends recently. Sondra, the wife, has spent the last year recovering from breast cancer. It was discovered that she carries the gene which predisposes women to certain cancers. Sondra has long been a hero of mine. She has eight children. Her first pregnancy, with twin girls, went well but during delivery, the doctor made an error which resulted in one of the girls experiencing complications resulting in cerebral palsy. Nevertheless, Sondra took it as a reminder of things that are eternal in nature and has cared for her daughter at home all her life (her daughter is now 32 years old.) Another daughter was born 8 weeks premature. When Sondra found out that I had delivered a preemie, she rushed some books to my home and called to check on me every few weeks. She has been a wonderful example and friend. In her honor, I will run in the Revlon 5k in Central Park on May 3rd. Because this event is dedicated to raising funds for cancers that affect women, I invite you to view my page and make a donation in support of this worthy cause.

2 comments:
Love it. Love the race! Love the cause!!!
What a great cause, and what a great woman! I am hoping that I can walk the the walk on May 3rd too!
Post a Comment