Yep, we live only 35 minutes from NYC. And yet, these guys were in my backyard this morning, nibbling my grass and garden. There were 3 in all. Sorry the photos are crappy, I took them through the window.
thanks for your comment- it made me feel good. ;-)
HOLY COW how did you score a back yard like that in NY?! Amazing. You could build and rent out 3 houses back there. Or just enjoy an awesome back yard.
those of you wondering at the size of the yard have obviously never seen the condition of the house. the 1960s wood paneling on our kitchen cabinets is only slightly less awesome than the massive cracks in the living room wall that resulted from having a floor leveled.
come by for a visit. bring some tools when you do...
I find it so amazing that we are only "25" minutes from NYC (where we used to live) yet this week we have seen 2 skunks in our backyard, had a baby squirrel in our attic (random!) and once in a while see the gorgeous red foxes! Oh, and by the way, I didn't know one of the skunks was in our yard until I was standing literally 3 feet away from it and heard the cans rattling by the garbage at my feet. We moved very s-l-o-w-l-y and he couldn't have been more cordial!
I'm a mother of five. I live in New Jersey but am a Native Californian. I enjoy watching and learning from people and occasionally comment about my interactions.
8 comments:
Wow, people actually have land and backyards you can run more than 15 ft! I love it! coming from a Californian.(?)
WOW --- that's awesome - we just get skunks and squirrels.
whoa mama! crazy!
That's amazing! It kind of makes me homesick. Thanks for the compliment in your comment. That means a lot coming from a mother like you.
I like you, too, Denise.
thanks for your comment- it made me feel good. ;-)
HOLY COW how did you score a back yard like that in NY?! Amazing. You could build and rent out 3 houses back there. Or just enjoy an awesome back yard.
those of you wondering at the size of the yard have obviously never seen the condition of the house. the 1960s wood paneling on our kitchen cabinets is only slightly less awesome than the massive cracks in the living room wall that resulted from having a floor leveled.
come by for a visit. bring some tools when you do...
Awesome! Your yard is looking great and sooo green :)
I find it so amazing that we are only "25" minutes from NYC (where we used to live) yet this week we have seen 2 skunks in our backyard, had a baby squirrel in our attic (random!) and once in a while see the gorgeous red foxes! Oh, and by the way, I didn't know one of the skunks was in our yard until I was standing literally 3 feet away from it and heard the cans rattling by the garbage at my feet. We moved very s-l-o-w-l-y and he couldn't have been more cordial!
Post a Comment