Emma would simply play and occasionally get close to falling off the bed (I caught her by the foot several times.) She would never relax and fall asleep -- allowing me to relax and go to sleep. No way, not her.
Rachel would sit next to me and chatter. Because she was an early talker, she would also ask questions once she was old enough (14 months or so.) She would not fall asleep, but she didn't try to get down either. Just talk, talk, talk.
Caroline was such a dreamy baby. So chubby and content. So easy. It's really her fault that there will be two more names listed after hers -- who wouldn't want another baby after her? She would lay on the pillow next to me and fall right back to sleep. If she awakened before me, she would lie still and watch me sleep until my eyes opened and then she would smile at me. Ahhh, I was so spoiled by my little, little Caroline doll.
Eliza was bothered from the minute she realized we were walking to Mom's room and not downstairs to play (even at 4AM.) She would thrash around the bed, although she never got close to falling, and throw pillows, etc. She would finally crash on a pillow or propped on one of my legs and sleep for a short (way too short) period of time.
John fusses as soon as I try to lay him down next to me. He wants none of it. He wants to be nursed, in his rocking chair, in his room -- so don't try to shake things up. When I lay down anyway, he is all over the bed, pulling at the reading lamp, pulling my hair, poking my eyes (are his nails in constant need of trimming?), trying to put his hand in my mouth. Finally, in defense of my face, I roll on my side. After a few more minutes, he plops his chubby body down on top of mine and puts his face on mine and falls fast asleep.
Dang crick in my neck. It's a good thing the kids are so cute.
Dianna and John - right after Dianna broke her ankle wakeboarding in Myrtle Beach

5 comments:
funny...Asher still sleeps in my bed so its not a change but sometimes when he's fussing in the early am I nurse him and he snuggles in close and goes back to sleep with at least one foot propped up on some part of me...and yes, I constantly tell myself how healthy he must be because his nails grow oh so quickly...but the other day I explained to him he was going to injure some very vital parts (he's started to "explore" during diaper changes) if he didn't let me trim his nails and he actually sat still (and kept his hands still) for 8 nails (yes I count them for him and me) it was a miracle, seriously! then when he really wakes up he pops his little head up and smiles his big smile ALWAYS! and he's raring to go for the day...
Cute, cute, cute kids! Ellea never gets in bed with us, so I have no frame of reference for this. But they're all still really great kids!
So true...about personalities...funny!
Man, Matt and I just had a conversation last night about "How do we get these kids to fall asleep in their own beds?"!!! Obviously our bed is huge and comfy, but come on, I want my bed back. (then I have to move them an hour later) I'm over it!! and my kids are 11 and 6!!! Sleep training again?
Yes I think that my kids have good looks for one reason, self defense! The only reason we have Owen is because of Ethan. If he had been more like his sister we might have stopped at two, after all she is a handful!
Post a Comment