I'm a nerd. I don't deny it. I totally embrace my nerdiness. One of the hallmarks of my nerdy behavior that most amuses my husband is my need to watch nearly everything made by the BBC and/or Masterpiece Theater. To that end, I even DVR episodes of Masterpiece Theater for later viewing. Lately, the MT offerings have included several classics I felt were good options for my oldest two children to watch: Dickens' Oliver Twist (not the musical) and David Copperfield.
Last night, Daniel had to go straight to the church after work, for mutual. When he did finally walk in the door, the youngest three were in bed and I had settled in with the oldest two to watch a DVRed David Copperfield. He walked in the room and shook his head at me when he passed by. "You're ruining them, aren't you?" he called back over his shoulder.
Uhhh, guilty. Just this morning the first thing out of Rachel's mouth when she came down the stairs was, "When the babies lay down for naps can we watch the second half of David Copperfield?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wow, that's really quite impressive that you got them into David Copperfield! Go Denise! (Sorry, Daniel...)
hiya chelsea. if making my children cultured fans of great literature is the price of getting you to comment then i suppose i can support denise's ruinous behaviour.*
* note sophisticated british spelling.
So what kind of channel do you have to have to find all those great movies?
Long live nerds!
I have some interesting tales about your Mr. Copperfield. He's everything you might think in person. We'll talk.
i just watched wives and daughters AND north and south, both bbc productions. they do turn out good stuff, don't they?
Post a Comment