Friday, April 03, 2009

Uh oh... I am the REAL thing Baby

That's right, I've become a New Yorker. I think it came on slowly and that's why I didn't see it coming. But having lived here for seven years -- and in the east for nine, it was bound to happen. Here's how I know I'm really a New Yorker:

Last night, I took Emma and Rachel to see Wicked. Daniel and I had seen it the year it first opened with the original cast (um yes, it was amazing.) I was settling into my seat, waiting for the performance to begin when I noticed a somewhat familiar face to my left a few seats and row over. We had fantastic seats -- right in the middle of the orchestra section, not too close, not far back at all -- literally perfect. The lights dimmed and the show began. My mind searched for the name to fit to the familiar face I had just seen. Then I had a match, it was Nick Lachey and his girlfriend Vanessa. And then my New Yorkiness came out as I chuckled to myself that I had better seats to Wicked than Nick Lachey....

1 comment:

Deb said...

You crack me up.