Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Yucky









I was craving something sweet this afternoon and I went searching in Rachel's pinata stash. The first thing I pulled out was a tootsie roll. Well, it's been years since I ate a tootsie roll -- partly because I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and partly because I don't buy candy very often. I thought I'd give it a try. Well you know what, tootsie rolls are gross. They are not chocolate, not taffy -- just weird globs of brown sugar. It's like the candy that couldn't make up its mind. How tootsie rolls have survived all these years is beyond me. I will never consume another.




8 comments:

laura said...

I love tootsie rolls. But I do not have very sophisticated tastes.

Amanda Neilson said...

Not like tootsie rolls? Wait until after the pregnancy to judge. They are so yummy. I especially like the long skinny ones and the flavored ones like vanilla, and lime.

The Roses said...

Well, I have to say I agree with you. It's like your looking for that chocolate fix, and then you taste it.. and become so disappointed. Thank you! Finally someone gets this.

Mumsy said...

We're not friends anymore. (jk)

I love all of 'em. Especially the flavored ones. I would eat them on a plane. I would eat them on a train. I would eat them on a boat. I would eat them with a goat. They are so, so. so good you see.

Jenni said...

definitely the last ones to go at the bottom of the halloween stash

Laura B. said...

Oh, I agree with laura and amanda. I could eat Tootsie Rolls all day long. You're right when you say they're not chocolate or taffy...they are an undefinable bite of deliciousness!

Nan said...

I totally agree. I think they are nothing more than disgusting brown cylincrical pieces of wax.
Blech!

Oh and I am the mother of four boys and a California native (now living in Canada.) :^)

Nan said...

cylinDrical.

((rolls eyes at self))