
It's not a huge secret that people around here like to share their unsolicited opinions. I have blogged about this before. Since having my fifth child, however, I am frequently treated to people's opinions and their unabashed shock at my posse. I had one such interchange as I walked my kids plus a neighbor girl to school last Thursday morning. There I was, walking with the kids -- all being good and walking politely on the sidewalk. A woman passed by and as she did asked in a voice dripping with incredulity, "Are they ALL yours?" Even though the neighbor kid is not mine I decided that I really don't care about her or her opinions so I answered quite defiantly (with head held high), "Yes, they are!" She stared back in shock and mumbled, "God bless you then." I responded with, "Well obviously He has." And then, we walked to school...

5 comments:
5 is my lucky number!! I hope it brings you luck too :) Of course this does not mean I will have 5. Your an awesome mom Denise!
I'm just glad that you're willing to claim one of mine! (or was it Sophie?) I am amazed at the nerve some people have...
Amen Denise! What do you say when they give you a discerning look and say, "They should have warmer clothes on you know" (when it is 70 degrees out too)
Denise, this is why we all love you! I dream of talking back to people when they say things like that to me. Unfortunately, I think of the witty comeback about 4 hours later!
You ARE a fabulous mom!
Great response.
Post a Comment