For most of her 4 years, Caroline has known me to be breast-feeding. She nursed longer than any of my babies -- 17 months when weaned. So, it was really not that surprising when her preschool teacher called me last fall to report that Caroline had worn nursing pads to school. At the time, the brand of nursing pads that I was using had an adhesive strip on the back. She had simply removed the strip and adhered the nursing pads to her chest. Later, when she got to school, she had taken it upon herself to systematically "nurse" all the dolls at her school. Okay, that was cute -- and typical of a 3 year old whose mother is nursing her younger sibling.
Then, I had John. More nursing. Lots more nursing, since this kid is BIG. Caroline has become obsessed with the whole process of breast-feeding. But she took it to a new level the other day when she told our babysitter, "When I grow up, I'm going to get a boob. Then, Eliza will shrink and go into my tummy. Then she will come out and I will nurse her."
All I can think now is... poor Eliza.
Then, I had John. More nursing. Lots more nursing, since this kid is BIG. Caroline has become obsessed with the whole process of breast-feeding. But she took it to a new level the other day when she told our babysitter, "When I grow up, I'm going to get a boob. Then, Eliza will shrink and go into my tummy. Then she will come out and I will nurse her."
All I can think now is... poor Eliza.

7 comments:
When Keagan was little I kept a journal of all the cute things he said or did. A while after his sister was born I have an entry that reads this:
"Dad you have boobs, you have boobs so you can nurse Regan."
I not sure if this was an insult to Mark or to me for not having boobs good enough to be commented on.
That is so funny - don't we love all the great comments they come up with!! But, you could (and should) write a book!
So GREAT!! Carolyn was Anna's "person" we sure miss her. She always made me laugh!
Ooops.... Caroline (typo)
that's hilarious.
am i the only person concerned that a key noun is singular?
Funny Caroline!
Post a Comment