Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm A...

Hypocrite with a capital "H."

The scene: Our house, 6:29 AM
The players: Caroline and Mommy

Caroline: Mommy can I have one of those kiss cookies for breakfast?
Mommy: (because I wasn't really listening) Huh?
Caroline: The kiss cookies we made yesterday? Can I have one?
Mommy: No Caroline. We don't eat cookies for breakfast.
Caroline: But Mommy, you just ate one.
Mommy: Uhhh...

(pregnant pause -- coincidentally the only pregnant thing around here)

Mommy: That's because I wanted to make sure there was an even number so it could be fair for all the kids.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I know how that is!!

NY Barney Family said...

That is so funny - I love it. I am still serious about you writing a book about all the great things your kids say!! Especially little miss Caroline!

Jenni said...

you had a better answer than I usually do...

The Roses said...

I have so done that one before!

Amanda Neilson said...

Caught red handed! I just tell my kids that grown-ups can live by different rules because our bodies aren't growing anymore. (Just chalk it up to the list of crud I tell my kids all the time!)

Laura B. said...

I love it!