Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I fear...SILENCE







As any mother will tell you, silence can be golden. At the end of a long day when you need a break, a quiet house is better than a sapphire ring (note to hubby: notice I did NOT say emerald ring.) But to the mother with a toddler; a child who is at his or her busiest age with little or no fear, silence means only one thing: destruction. When I can't hear Eliza, I know it spells some major trouble for me. However, the question for right now is: do I care more about these precious moments of silence than the thing or area that is being destroyed? More importantly, will she survive? Is poisoning imminent? It's amazing anyone survives to adulthood.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

We had some silence. I was unpacking boxes (not being disturbed for a good 30 min) when Anna come to me with blood all over her hands. She had found scissors in one of the boxes I hadn't unpacked. Cut up a piece of paper and her fingers. I felt horrible :(

jenafeldman said...

My only question...Is the front door locked?

Mumsy said...

She is so cute! Silence does equal destruction. And really, really big messes that make Mommy want to scream.

Deb said...

Is it the camera's perspective, or is John's head bigger than Eliza's? Either way, they are both so dang cute! They got their mother's pretty coloring.

daniel said...

noted

Amanda Neilson said...

So true!!! I have often been the victim of what a stealth toddler can do.

Liz said...

cute photos.

I hear ya, 'where did he go' needs to be on the front of my mind more often then it currently is when my son is in a different room and I am in.