Friday, December 12, 2008

The 12th Miracle of Christmas


Do you know where my husband works? It's a crazy place called Wall Street. We're fortunate in some ways (well, many ways to be fair), that the job Daniel does for UBS is unique. There aren't very many guys around who do precisely the same work. The same cannot be said for many of the jobs on Wall Street -- for which there are many, many workers looking for the same cheese. Funny thing is, when we first went off to the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania all those years ago, Daniel thought he knew what he wanted to do. But, that changed and morphed over the years, and we felt guided to accept some offers and turn others down. And everytime there was a change, we hoped for the best, and prayed for guidance. And truly, each time, we DID feel guided -- which is a testimony to the miracle that our Father in Heaven does know us individually and does answer our prayers. And so, the miracle for today, is that even though these are difficult times, and there are many who "used" to work on Wall Street; amazingly, Daniel still does. And for that, today, we are very, very thankful.

2 comments:

liz said...

I have been thinking these exact same thoughts lately about mike's transition into consulting and the different hats he wears that few in his company can match. It's nice he is unique and needed and although he isn't immune to unemployment, I don't think there has been a time in our marriage I have appreciated him and his talents and education and efforts more.

Suddenly, his travel gig doesn't sound so awful. As I imagine Daniel's commute- not so bad. ;-)

I want to hear more about your house. We should talk.

Lynita said...

Amen, a job in this economy is truly a miracle!