Saturday, December 27, 2008

Resolutions...2009

I've never been one to spend a lot of time on New Year's Resolutions. I am a regular goal setter, list maker kind of a gal -- but New Year's resolutions are not something I've taken much time with. So, for 2009 I've chose a theme for myself -- just to help me stay on track. Here it is:

Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley said, "Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old-time rail journey . . . . delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

Here's to the New Year.

6 comments:

Nina said...

that's one of my favorite quotes. I think lots of people get caught up in expecting something amazing to happen in life and fail to realize life itself is amazing...enjoy staying on track.

Erin said...

Love this!

Just Jana said...

I really needed to hear that! I'm such a pitiful perfectionist! I love how I can now see what you are up to! YOU were always the very WISE one!

Anonymous said...

love that!

Jenni said...

so true.

Lizzy said...

Do you by chance know where the reference to the quote can be found? I found your blog through Michelles. Lizzy