Saturday, December 06, 2008

The 6th Miracle of Christmas


I don't much like to decorate for Christmas. Sorry if that's too "bah humbug" for you, but Christmas decorating -- albeit lovely, always feels like a lot of work for a short period of time. So, it was with great delight that I watched as my oldest three daughters set up and decorated the tree this year. My only contribution: lights. And several people have commented on how lovely they think it looks. I know I think it's lovely -- lovely because it represents to me that the girls are becoming so capable and mature and independent, and those are all qualities I'm hoping to keep fostering. Oh the joy, these miraculous children are to me.

3 comments:

Lynita said...

I can't wait until my kids can decorate anything above the bottom half of the tree! It looks great. I hope that your party was a success. Ethan came down with a fever, so even though we had found someone to babysit, it was not meant to be.

Anonymous said...

Ooh it does look beautiful! Your girls are wonderful!

Deb said...

Congratulations, Bean! I finally got the tree up today. I brought it out and Ellea squealed with delight at all the lights. She kept saying "dy" - that's how she refers to both the sky and lights. Happiness is a prelit tree. As soon as Ellea can put on the ornaments, I'm off the hook! Now that your party is over and your home project is temporarily on hiatus, can you be my friend again? Love you!