Friday, December 05, 2008

The 4th Miracle of Christmas

I was shopping at the local hardware store today. Even thought it's a bit pricier than Home Depot, there is ALWAYS someone to help you and it is much closer to home.

So, I approached an employee and asked, "Do you know where I can find the gray styrofoam tubing stuff that's used for filling in gaps before caulking? I can't recall the exact name of it, but do you know what I'm talking about?"

"Yes," he replied, "I think I know what you mean. Can you hang on one second?"

I said, "Sure," and he walked off. To my left I noticed a short, pudgy man about 50ish. I smiled. He looked over at me and in a voice dripping with incredulity at my obvious blond-bimbo stupidness said, "The stuff you're looking for is called WEATHERSTRIPPING!"

And, (now here's the beautious miracle) I replied, "No it's not acutally. Weatherstripping has a plastic or vinyl coating. I'm looking for something entirely different. Afterall, did you REALLY believe that I don't know what weatherstripping is? Come now, don't let the hair fool you."

And with that, I turned and found my stuff -- called, by the way: caulk saver (at least the brand I purchased.) And that, dears, was how I made some serious happiness for myself this December day.

3 comments:

liz said...

LOL

Laura B. said...

Love it. You are too funny!

Deb said...

Ah Bean - there's just no one like you! I love you, and I'm really glad I'm related to you. I just wish I had your smarts and your fortitude.