
I am blessed with the miracle of goodly parents. Many people I know have obnoxious parents -- overbearing, not attentive, absent, criminal. I, however, can honestly say that I won the parents lottery. My mom and dad are fantastic. They are as good as it gets -- supportive, kind, wonderful grandparents, never intrusive, always a good example. At the last minute on Saturday, I thought of a gift I wanted to give one of my daughters: a collection of books I had enjoyed as a child. Only, my collection was safely on a bookshelf at my parents' home 2000 miles away. I called my mom. Could she, would she send the books and by Christmas? (Demanding? Why yes, actually, I guess I am...) She was not only willing, she was super cute about it -- "thanking" me for letting her be an elf to my Santa. My Dad took the books right to the Post Office. They were delivered today. I'm telling you, I'm so incredibly blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment